Strawberry mint sun tea
Makes 6 servings
This refreshing summer beverage is also a great family activity. Watch as the sun brews your tea on a hot summer afternoon. This works best on a sunny day that is at least 25°C.
- 6 cups (1.5 L) cold water
- 4 herbal berry tea bags, caffeine free
- 2 sprigs of mint leaves
- 24 frozen strawberries
- 24 ice cubes
- Place the cold water in a large clear glass pitcher or jar. Add the tea bags and the mint. Cover with a small towel, large enough to keep debris and bugs out. Place the tea in direct sunlight for 4 to 5 hours.
- Divide the strawberries and ice between six tall glasses.
- Discard the tea bags and mint. Pour the tea into the glasses and serve.
Nutritional information per serving
(1 cup / 250 mL tea plus 6 strawberries)
- Calories: 15
- Protein: 0 g
- Total fat: 0 g
- Saturated fat: 0 g
- Dietary cholesterol: 0 mg
- Carbohydrate: 5 g
- Sodium: 11 mg
- Potassium: 63 mg
Developed by Nadine Day, RD. ©The Heart and Stroke Foundation