Honey garlic roast pork
Makes 12 servings
For easy entertaining, this is one of my favourites. While the pork is roasting, rich aromas will fill your kitchen. Serve with chutney, broccoli or scalloped potatoes.
- 2 Kg (4 lb) boneless pork loin roast
- 25 mL (2 tbsp) sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 25 mL (2 tbsp) sherry
- 25 mL (2 tbsp) liquid honey
- 25 mL (2 tbsp) minced gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, honey, gingerroot and garlic.
- Trim any visible fat from meat. Place roast in large plastic bag and pour marinade over. Tie bag shut and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, rotating bag occasionally.
- Remove roast from bag. Reserving marinade but leave as much ginger and garlic bits as possible clinging to roast.
- Set roast on rack in roasting pan. Roast, uncovered and basting occasionally with marinade, in 160°C (325°F) oven for 2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 70°C (160°F).
- Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Trim the fat off before serving.
Make ahead tip:
Marinate pork in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Nutrition information per serving
(100 g/3.5 oz)
- Calories: 182
- Protein: 32 g
- Total fat: 4 g
- Saturated fat: 2 g saturated fat
- Cholesterol: 68 mg
- Carbohydrate: 3 g
- Fibre: 0 g
- Sodium: 125 mg
- Potassium: 429 mg
From Anne Lindsay’s Lighthearted at Home© 2010.
Posted: June 2010